...take a deep breath and de-stress...
Here are some tips!
Continue to remind yourself that this day will pass and tomorrow is a new day.
- Be realistic about your expectations. Reduce your disappointment factor.
- Appreciate yourself. Think about all the positive things you are able to accomplish each day.
- Just smile! The simple act of smiling makes you feel better automatically.
- Share your stressful day or event with a colleague, friend or family member.
- Breathe to the power of 10. Take a deep breath to the count of 10.Exhale the same way. Repeat several times.
- Find something humorous (movie, comic strip, etc.) and laugh. Laughter helps you relax physically and psychologically.
- Treat yourself to a favorite food.
- Find something positive in your life to totally focus on for 15 minutes.
- Decrease stress by learning to talk to yourself in a reassuring way.
- Sit in total silence for 10 minutes. Close your eyes and transport yourself to another environment. (beach, sailing, cruise ship, etc.)
- Remind yourself that even when you have no control over certain situations, your attitude is always within your control. It's our attitude that shapes our experiences.
- See problems & stressful events as opportunities. Problem solve and grow from them.
- Try acting or responding in a way that is the exact opposite of your usual behavior.
- Practice "pace, not race." Do everything (walk, talk, etc.) at a more relaxed tempo.
- Analyze your stresses and frustrations. Know what most affects you and try to avoid them.
- Develop a list of things that make you happy. Read it to yourself several times.
- Don't hold your mistakes against yourself. Focus on what you're doing right. Start fresh and let them go.
- Change your routine for the rest of the day or the next day.
- Spend 15 minutes listening to classical or other soothing music.
- Practice acceptance. Ask yourself what stresses you have the power to change. Those you cannot you must accept.
- Spend some time with a person or people who make you feel good about yourself.
- Be "temporarily selfish." Reserve a little more time just for you.
- Find a hidden treasure in your day. Search for one positive thing that you may have never noticed before.
- Replace "I have to" statements with "I choose to" statements. It will relieve pressure and give you a whole new perspective.
Ask us how we can help you de-stress!